We are delighted to offer our ‘Study and Live’ program for the first time in Ireland! And what a program it is!
Designed for ages 50+, we offer a total 15 to 20 hours of English study / week, absolute host family immersion, free activities, organised activities and the best of all …… an extended weekend at the famous matchmaking festival in September 2019 in Lisdoonvarna, County Clare, the wild west of Ireland!
- Come join us for traditional Irish card playing
- Walk or cycle the famous Greenway a stone throw away
- Learn about organic gardening in Ned’s veggie gardens
- Join Kate baking soda bread and making Irish Stews
- Enjoy some quilting/”stitch and bitch”
- Join us on shopping trips
- Learn about the Dungarvan brewing company and distillery
- Come and listen to some traditional Irish music
- Have a sing song with the Connors family
- Play a game of rings or darts
- Stroll along Clonea beach (easily reachable from the house)
Get your English up to scratch and then join the famous Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking Festival 2019, held in September, and meet the man of your dreams while being part of a group of like minded students! Or just take part in all the other extracurricular activities the place has to offer! Please enquire about the prices for below activities
- Guided tours of the mountains and lakes including snacks and drink
- “Pitch and put” (minigolf)
- Set dancing classes – Learn to Set Dance
- Leisure centre, including swimming, sauna, steam room etc.
- Bike Hire
- Other guided tours upon request, like the Gaeltacht or historic Helvic Head fishing village, etc
- Train rides to Dublin, Limerick or Cork
- Tour of the Castles
- Visits to Cobh and Kinsale
- 3-day organised trip to Matchmaking festival in Lisdoonvarna
Please find overall program prices for our Live and Learn Program Ireland here and register as soon as you can to secure your spot! Any questions, requests, inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Kate on +35387-9212258.