Following our successful marketing and networking trip to Miami in December last year we are now able to offer our first ‘Live and Learn Package USA’. Fort Lauderdale is a fast growing and vibrant city in South Florida, known as the “Venice of America” because of its 85 miles of waterways and canals!
Our partner school
Our partner school offers General English courses in downtown Fort Lauderdale, only a short distance from the beaches, banks, museums, and cafés. There are eight levels of study available ranging from beginner to mastery, so you can be sure you will be placed in a class that is suitable to your English level. On arrival, you will take a placement test comprised of a written and listening test and an oral interview.
On top of the English classes, included in the Live and Learn program are weekly activities providing students with an opportunity to socialize and have fun, practice English and meet American people. At weekends there are excursions to beautiful places such as the Bahamas, Key West, Cape Kennedy and Disney World. The school also organizes evening activities featuring visits to restaurants, pubs, theatres and cinemas.
Florida has a sub-tropical climate, which is ideal for enjoying the beach almost every day of the year (it has 310 days of sunshine per year!). This means you will have plenty of opportunity to soak up the sun and try the exciting water sports that are on offer, like paddle boarding, jet-skiing, parasailing, sailing, scuba diving, canoeing.
General English courses
English courses at the school start every Monday, with a minimum enrolment period of 4 weeks. Class sizes are small, with a maximum of 12 students in each class (from all over the world!). All courses are multinational and English is always the means of communication with the teachers and with other students.
There are a range of courses on offer, so you can enroll in what course works best for you. Our ‘Live and Learn’ program caters for up to 18 hours per week so that most participants from countries on a visitor waiver can attend on a visitor visa. For English courses longer than you must apply for a student visa. On enrolment, you will be issued with an I-20 form that you will need to request an appointment at the US consulate in your home country. Individuals entering the US on a visa waiver, a tourist visa or a business visa may take a language course of less than 18 hours during their tourism visit to the USA.
The General English courses on offer, and the cost for each course, is as follows:
- General English (beginner to advanced options) – 17 hours per week.
- General English (beginner to advanced options) – 19 hours per week (this includes additional afternoon classes).
- General English Platinum (beginner to advanced options) – 17 hours per week (this is a smaller class size of a maximum of 5 people).
- General English Intensive (beginner to advanced options) – 27 hours per week (this course includes both morning and afternoon group classes).
Private lessons are also available for additional support and guidance (adapted for you, and to your rate of progress).
For more information on the English courses, including the cost of each course, please get in touch through our contact page or email us on email@example.com.
We also arrange accommodation in Fort Lauderdale for you, if you prefer not to arrange accommodation yourself. You can either stay in a homestay where you live and eat meals with an American host family (great opportunity to practice your English at all times!), a beach area apartment with fully equipped kitchens and a pool, or budget apartments located in the downtown or residential area with fully equipped kitchens.
The cost of each accommodation option is as follows:
- Homestay: US$40 per night without meals, US$55 per night with breakfast and dinner.
- Beach area apartment: Summer (2 June to 19 October 2019): Between US$630 to US$720 per week. Winter (30 December 2018 to 1 June 2019, and 20 October to 31 December 2019): Between US$840 to US$980 per week.
- Budget apartment: Summer (2 June to 19 October 2019): US$475 per week. Winter (30 December 2018 to 1 June 2019, and 20 October to 31 December 2019): US$630 per week.
Sound like you?
If you are interested in studying English in an exciting, sunny and vibrant US city (with the Bahamas at your doorstep), please get in touch through our contact page or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with more information and an enrolment form.