Are you looking to kick start your O.E. in the UK but need some cash to start your adventure? Do you love working with children as well as learning and teaching new skills? Do you want to work in a sociable, internationally diverse and friendly environment? Then we have the perfect job for you!
Seven Seas Cultural Exchange has partnered with a UK based youth study travel provider which offers a range of activity, educational and cultural packages for children and young people (aged between 6 and 17 years of age), including summer language activity camps. The camp involves English lessons, outdoor activities and cultural excursions, all designed to improve and develop the student’s language skills and confidence.
We are looking for people aged 18+ to fill a number of paid positions at the summer language activity camps for 2019 (the position descriptions are set out below). There are a number of long term positions available also.
If you are a native English speaker (or speak English fluently), aged between 18 – 30 years old, love working with children and want to kick start your O.E. by landing yourself a paid job in a sociable, friendly and internationally diverse environment in the UK (either for the summer or for a longer term), this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
All residential camps are based at stunning independent boarding schools with breath-taking, picturesque surroundings and if you find yourself working at one of these centres, you can choose to live on-site. Most employees choose to live on-site (where meals are provided), which takes away the stress of finding accommodation and creates a great social atmosphere among the staff team (you get to meet like minded people from all over the world!). The cost of on site accommodation plus food is approx. £52 per week, which is automatically deducted from your salary. You don’t need to pay a thing!
If you are a New Zealand citizen, and do not have a UK passport, you will need to apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa prior to arriving in the UK. Information on the cost, processing times and eligibility criteria for the Youth Mobility Scheme Visa can be found here. This visa allows you to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years, which gives you plenty of time to explore the UK and Europe!
Positions available for summer 2019 (early July to mid August) are as follows:
- Activity Instructor: as an Activity Instructor you will deliver safe and enjoyable activity sessions for groups of approximately 12 students. You will complete in house training to gain the necessary skills in Archery and Climbing (as well as a wide range of skills to prepare you for the summer). The remuneration for this role is £295.20 to £394.08 per week (depending on your background and experience) less the optional accommodation cost.
- Camp Leader: as a Camp Leader you will be the main contact for the international and English residential campers, and help them with their daily routine, ensuring they arrive at activities, meals and excursions, whilst they enjoy residential life at camp. The remuneration for this role is £295.20 to £394.08 per week (depending on your background and experience) less the optional accommodation cost.
- Pool Lifeguard: as a Pool Lifeguard your job will be to supervise the pool and adhere to company policies. To be considered for the position, you must have valid lifeguard qualifications. The remuneration for this role is £295.20 to £394.08 per week (depending on your background and experience) less the optional accommodation cost.
- Centre Manager: as a Centre Manager you will oversee the execution of company standards to ensure effective operations on site. To be considered for this role, you must be over the age of 21, have a full clean driver’s license, and have a valid first aid certificate. The salary for this role is £21,740.16 per annum.
- Chief Instructor: as a Chief Instructor you will oversee and facilitate any aspect of program delivery while ensuring high standards through the staff team. The remuneration for this role is £21,290.88 per annum, less the optional accommodation cost.
- EFL Teacher: as an EFL Teacher you will be responsible for applying prescribed lesson plans, and delivering enjoyable English classes to students. To be considered for this role, you must have at least 6 months teaching experience and qualifications are essential. The remuneration for this role is £295.20 to £383.04 (depending on your background and experience), less the optional accommodation cost.
- Lead EFL Teacher: as a Lead EFL Teacher, you will be responsible for applying prescribed lesson plans, and delivering enjoyable English classes to students. To be considered for this role you must have at least 1 year teaching experience and CELTA (or TEFL equivalent) qualifications. The remuneration for this role is £409.44 per week, less the optional accommodation cost.
- House Parent: as a House Parent you will be required to provide supervision and continue to serve as positive role models to children and young adults. The remuneration for this role is £246 to £328.40 per week (depending on your background and level of experience) less the optional accommodation cost.
Want to apply?
If you are interested in applying for any of the above positions, make sure to register with us by Thursday, 28 February 2019 for a guaranteed interview for the position you are applying for. In order to register, please:
- Complete the registration form (available here) and include any supporting documentation required for the relevant position(s) (e.g. certificate of completion of TEFL course, first aid course etc).
- Return the registration form (including passport copy and supporting documents, if required for that role) to us by email on email@example.com.
- Pay the registration fee of NZ$180 (payment instructions are included on the registration form).
- After reviewing and processing your registration form, we will provide you with an online link through which you can apply for the position(s) with our partner provider.
If you are successfully placed in a position for summer 2019 and you wish to accept the role, we will charge an additional placement fee as detailed in your registration form. This must be paid by you in order for you to accept the position.
Long term positions are also available from February to October. If you are interested in applying for a long term position, please get in touch through our contact page or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.